Noun(1) capability to perform or produce(2) the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment(3) the amount that can be contained(4) the maximum production possible(5) a specified function(6) (computer science, in bytes(7) an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored(8) the power to learn or retain knowledge; in law, the ability to understand the facts and significance of your behavior(9) tolerance for alcohol
(1) writing in his capacity as legal correspondent(2) He explained that Ireland has the capacity to generate huge volumes of energy by harnessing off-shore wind.(3) The grandstand was not filled to capacity , so though we were ushered to seats according to the number on our tickets, we could move around if we wanted to.(4) It is an occasion in which society can acknowledge the generosity of so many people who give time to groups and organisations which work for the community in a voluntary capacity .(5) The new stadium in Amaravati township would have a seating capacity of 30,000 and was likely to cost over Rs 20 crore, Mr Rao said.(6) It was accepted that the second 1990 will had been duly executed, but the deceased's testamentary capacity was in issue.(7) I was engaged in a voluntary capacity(8) It will be soldiers who suffer the reactions and as usual the armchair hawks don't have the intellectual capacity to understand any of this.(9) In Rome, military law derived from the imperium of magistrates in their capacity as commanders of the Roman military forces.(10) I was impressed by her capacity for hard work(11) The lecture hall where Layton delivered his speech was filled to capacity and many students who showed up late had to be turned away at the door.(12) In April, I attended the meeting of the primates of the Anglican Communion in my capacity as staff to the Presiding Bishop.(13) St Lucia's small Passport Office located at the Police Headquarters is most times filled to capacity with lines stretching out the door(14) That's not to say today's decent, one-third capacity crowd would mind some big-hitting entertainment.(15) Chereet has been involved with EF for fifteen years, working in a voluntary capacity since her retirement.(16) In their capacity as culture brokers boatmen also assume a position of authority when guiding pilgrims, selectively informing them about the city.
(1) carrying capacity :: አቅም ተሸክሞ
(2) lung capacity :: የሳንባ አቅም
(3) storage capacity :: የማከማቸት አቅም
(4) rated capacity :: ደረጃ የተሰጠው አቅም
(5) bearing capacity :: ተጽዕኖ አቅም
(6) production capacity :: የማምረት አቅም
(7) load capacity :: ጭነት አቅም
(8) excess capacity :: ከመጠን ያለፈ አቅም
(9) high capacity :: ከፍተኛ አቅም
(10) heat capacity :: የሙቀት አቅም
1. volume ::
2. position ::
3. capacitance ::
4. content ::
5. capability ::
6. mental ability ::
1. disability ::
2. inability ::
3. incapacity ::
4. ineptitude ::
capacitance, capacities, capacitor, capacitors, capacity
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That's true. Every one of you has
the CAPACITY to be anything you want to be.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
So if l'm out here
in a guard-type CAPACITY
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
Mrs. Pinkman, I swear to you,
I'm not here on official CAPACITY.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
But, actually, our friendship group
is at CAPACITY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
but for your CAPACITY to choose.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Amharic Dictionary: capacity
Meaning and definitions of capacity, translation in Amharic
language for capacity with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of capacity in Amharic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'capacity'
What capacity means in Amharic, capacity meaning
in Amharic, capacity
definition, examples and pronunciation
of capacity in Amharic language.