(1) Telephone lines to this Department are either engaged or ring endlessly.(2) This line was repeatedly engaged when we tried to call it this morning.(3) I spent a good hour or more phoning various listed police telephone numbers that were all constantly engaged .(4) Eight pairs of piers, each with an engaged column, were to articulate the lower portico, while the upper portico was to have had eight pairs of freestanding columns.(5) I am engaged to a wonderful man who is of another culture.(6) For the first 300-400 goes, I continually receive an engaged tone.(7) Learning communities provide these students with an opportunity to learn within a supportive community of engaged students and involved faculty.(8) Paul is engaged to marry Karen, who is the perfect woman.(9) Later, a student working on reception rang up repeatedly, but the telephone was always engaged .(10) Lila is still actively engaged in its charitable activities, though the media has not been reporting much.(11) The owners expect that one outcome will be a more creative, motivated, and engaged workforce.(12) We are both 21 and have been engaged for three years.(13) "You're a good friend, " she said watching the engaged couple.(14) This followed a survey of patients which found many had difficulties getting through on a dedicated results line, which was often engaged .(15) While he is gone, Mrs. Weston reveals to Emma that Frank Churchill and Jane Fairfax had been secretly attached and are now engaged !(16) I tried dialling the landline from my mobile - and got an engaged tone.
(1) engage :: ለመሳተፍ
(2) get engaged :: ቀለበት ማድርግ
(3) be engaged :: ተሳታፊ መሆን
(4) engaged in :: ውስጥ የተሰማሩ
(5) engaged to be married :: ትዳር ታጭታ
(6) engaged to :: መታጨት
(7) be engaged in :: ውስጥ ተሳታፊ መሆን
(8) engaged tone :: እየተሳተፉ ቅላጼ
(9) engaged couple :: የተሰማሩ ባልና ሚስት
(10) be busily engaged :: ተጠምዶ መሆን
(11) become engaged :: ለመሆን ተሳታፊ
1. busy ::
2. betrothed ::
3. in use ::
7. capture ::
8. employ ::
9. contract ::
10. participate in ::
11. fight ::
12. interlock ::
13. wage ::
14. affiance ::
15. occupy ::
16. enlist ::
17. take ::
18. operate ::
19. pursue ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- What, are they getting ENGAGED?
- I don't know.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
- Care to dance?
- Oh, sorry, I'm ENGAGED.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Are... are we ENGAGED?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
...and when my roommate got ENGAGED,
my girlfriend wanted to move in with me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Sheldon and I ENGAGED in intercourse.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
English to Amharic Dictionary: engaged
Meaning and definitions of engaged, translation in Amharic
language for engaged with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of engaged in Amharic and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'engaged'
What engaged means in Amharic, engaged meaning
in Amharic, engaged
definition, examples and pronunciation
of engaged in Amharic language.